Saving money can be tough, we get that. In fact, here at Tandem I’d say we understand that better than most. Right from the start of our journey, we set out to build products and features into our app that can help make saving that little bit easier for our customers. Over the last few years it’s been great to see how many people have joined us in making changes to their habits.Tandem app users have saved over a £1m in the last 8 months and there’s still more to be done.
We took some time recently to have a chat with people across the UK to find out how they feel about saving and found out a few bits:
- 50% of 22 to 29 year-olds are living with no savings.
- Mobile bankers are pretty savvy in their attitude to savings with 71% shopping around for the best deals and financial products.
- Close to half (44%) of mobile bankers move roughly the same amount of money into their savings once a month.
- Those living in London are the most open to assistance in the best ways to save. (I can vouch for that on a personal level).
In fact, recent market reports show that savings in the UK are at an all time low. Only last year the Money Advice Service reported that around 16 million people had less than £100 saved for a rainy day or emergency. Here at Tandem we realised that there isn’t much in the way of friendly advice from the mainstream banks so we’re keen to change that.
This month we’re launching Savetember, an annual month-long initiative to try and get as many people saving as we can. Keep a look out across our site and socials for our top tips on how to save easily as the summer disappears and the winter starts to creep back in. We’ll be hearing from guest writers as well as some of our own Tandemers as they explore everything from date night savings through to online shopping.
And for something a little bit extra, we’ll also be throwing in some Savetember themed giveaways! Be sure to follow us on Instagram for a chance to win £100 to spend on Amazon this week! 😉
T & C's applies:
- By entering into the competition each individual agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- For the individual to qualify to win the £100 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card (the ‘reward’), the individual must follow @tandem_money, like the post and comment tagging two friends.
- This competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom who are over 18 years old.
- The competition will commence at 15:00 GMT/BST on 4 September 2019 and all entries must be received by 23:59 GMT/ST on 8 September 2019.
- Individuals may submit as many entries as they wish, but no individual may win more than one reward.
- Two winners will be selected randomly on 9 September 2019 and contacted through the platform they entered the competition on. The winner must claim their reward within 48 hours of Tandem notifying the individual that they are a winner. If the reward is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and Tandem reserves the right to offer the unclaimed reward to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Tandem’s decision of the winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Tandem reserves the right to withdraw or amend without notice this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
- The reward will be delivered digitally to the customer’s registered email address within 14 days of the winner accepting the reward.
- The reward will be valid for 10 years from the date of issue.
- The reward is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
- Certain restrictions apply to the £100 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card, please see www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal for further information.
- The promotion is subject to Instagram’s terms of services.
- The promotion and these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.